Remember 9/11


Remembering 9/11
Author: Unknown

As the soot and dirt and ash rained down,
We became one color.
As we carried each other down the stairs of the burning building,
We became one class.
As we lit candles of waiting and hoping,
We became one generation.
As the firefighters and police officers fought their way into the inferno,
We became one gender.
As we fell to our knees in prayer for strength,
We became one faith.
As we whispered or shouted words of encouragement,
We spoke one language.
As we gave our blood in lines a mile long,
We became one body.
As we mourned together the great loss,
We became one family.
As we cried tears of grief and loss,
We became one soul.
As we retell with pride the sacrifice of heroes,
We become one people.

I'll never forget 9/11. I still recall the exact moment that I found out that our country was under attack. I was in the 11th grade at my locker, getting ready for homeroom and my best friend came to me hysterical because she had just heard the news. The whole mood of the school was a somber one and the news was turned on in all of my classes so that we could see reports of what was going on. I remember seeing the plane hit the second tower live on television and my immediate feeling right then, was that the world was going to end that day. But even though the world didn't end that day, there were thousands of innocent lives that were taken due to the hands of evil. I just wanted to take some time out my day to remember those who lost their lives during the terrorists attacks on September 11, 2001. Their families and loved ones are in my prayers as I know this is a difficult day for them as well as many other Americans all across the country.

CNN has provided a memorial website with a list of all the victims of 9/11 attack. You can view it
HERE.

No comments: