Road Trip Gone Wrong!!!

1 new front left tire = $145

Cost of towing the Six home = $80

Tire replacement fee = $55

A new DieHard battery - $110

4 new brake pads = $76

1 Front Wheel Alignment -$60 (Approx.)


1 (Attempted) Road Trip to Nashville to pick up Kenneth from school.......
EXPENSIVE AS HELL!!!!!!!


So yeah, I'm on my way to go pick up my brother from TSU the other weekend to bring him home for the Southern Heritage Classic and wouldn't ya know it...I have a tire blow out! Awww shucks right? BUT wait...the story gets worse! Well, I called Tennessee Highway Patrol and asked them to send somebody to help me put my spare on my car. So as I'm sitting, stressed out, hot, stranded on the side of the road 50 miles outside of Nashville, and waiting on somebody to come help me I decide that I I want to let my windows down to let a breeze in. So I'm sitting in the car with my radio on and suddenly, my lights on my dash start blinking. I'm like...WTF? So I take my keys out, put them back in and try to start my car....NO love from the Six! I was like awwwwww hell naw! Now mind you, I hadn't been sitting in the car for 5 minutes with the radio on before this happened, and I'm thinkin to myself..."I know I've left my car on like this before for way longer than this amount of time and this has never happened before." So, I try again...No luck! Well, now I'm sitting on the side of the road with a blown tire AND a dead battery! WONDERFUL! Ok, so finally the THP sheriff shows up and helps me change my tire and gives me a boost. While I was waiting earlier, I talked to my best friend Lacie (she lives in Nashville) and she said that she would just pick up Kenneth and Brian and meet me at the exit that I was closest to so we could just head back to Memphis from there. So, I met up with her and the boys hop in with me and in what seemed to be like smooth sailing, we're off to the M. I said SEEMED to be...right? As soon as we hit Memphis...right before the Whitten Rd. exit, I have tire blowout #2 of the day. Yeah...that spare said "Hell no, I've had enough!" and for the SECOND time that day, I had to call my mom and tell her I had a flat. So, here I am AGAIN standing on the side of the road at 11:00 p.m. with yet another car problem! Well, at least the boys were with me this time...and thank GOD my brother has roadside assistance on his phone because this time we were gonna have to get the car towed to my house. So we called roadside assistance and they sent a tow truck out to come and get the car and my mom came to take us home. I FINALLY made it home at about 12 something in the morning. Now, tell me something about a LONG day! Lol...But hey, I'm not gonna complain too much because I was BLESSED enough to not be hurt, snatched up when I was by myself, in a wreck, or anything else! Only thing hurting is my BANK ACCOUNT! Lol! But....
GOD IS GOOD!!!!

1 comment:

Lacie said...

I think you should talk a little more about how I am the greatest friend EVER for coming to your rescue (slightly)... LOL

But you know I will do anything for you Bippy...