I Might Need Some Rehab!

Okay. So I've admitted to myself that I'm an "Olympic Junkie". I embrace that and accept it! After all...this has been the most historic Olympics of all time.

I watched every race that Michael Phelps swam in and won resulting in him making Olympic history by winning an astounding 8 gold medals and breaking 7 world records in the process.

I've seen the 2 most exciting swimming relay races in Olympic history resulting in gold for the Americans by mere hundredths of a second.

I've watched the U.S. Men's Gymnastics team celebrate a bronze medal because with 3 alternates on the team, no one ever thought that they would make it that far.

I've watched the gold slip through the U.S. Women's Gymnastics team's fingers.

I've watched Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh make history by being the only team every to win back to back gold in Women's Beach Volleyball and never lose a set match in the process.

I've watched as Jamaica has almost dominated in the sport of track and field.

I've watched Dayvon Robles jump over hurdles like he's just stepping over puddles.

I've watched Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson prove why they are the two most talented all-around gymnasts in the world.

I've watched as 15 year old Chen Ruolin beat out veterans in the diving competition.

I've watched the U.S. Men's and Women's track and field athletes struggle in these games with disqualifications and losses.

I've watched the men's and women's US volleyball teams as they've made their way to gold medal matches.

I've watched as Venus and Serena Williams reclaimed the gold in the women's doubles games of tennis.

I've watched Usain Bolt break two world records, including the 12 year standing record of Michael Johnson in the 200m race.

And of COURSE I've watched my favorites, the US Men's Basketball "Redeem Team" and the US Women's Basketball team DOMINATE the sport in the city of Beijing.

So yes, I think it's safe to say (especially since I ran all of that info off the top of my head) that I'm a little attached to the Olympics! I stay up for hours with my TV tuned to NBC until the broadcast is over resulting in my going to bed at 4 and 5 in the morning.

However, early this morning (as in around 7 am early) I think my junkie status reached it's peak. Normally I won't go to bed until maybe 5 or 5:30 in the morning. But today, I told myself...I'm going to stay up until 7 and watch the Women's Basketball team play Russia in the semifinals (I usually watch the games later in the day because they provide them on the Olympics website). Well, the little screw end on the cable cord that connects to the outlet broke off a while ago, so because it's just a piece of bent wire stuck in there it makes my picture kinda fuzzy. Well, I decide that I want the picture to be as clear as possible for the game, so I proceed to grab a pair of scissors and try to straigten the bent part of the wire out so that I can push it into the outlet as much as possible for a better picture. I bet you can guess what happened next huh....yep....the wire broke. Well, by this time it's like 6:50 am and the game starts at 7. Instead of me just chillin' out and going to watch it on another TV...I go into panic mode! We don't have any cable strippers at my house, so I grab the scissors and start carving through the cable rubber and insulation trying to find another piece of wire so that I can put it the outlet. Broke a couple of nails trying to get through that insulation and almost went cross-eyed trying to see where the wire was behind the insulation! But you know what? I fixed it...and was even able to put the cable screw part back on the end of it! So, now I have a good as new cable wire, AND I made it to my room just as tip-off was about to start off the game, and I watched it all without a single fuzzy line in the picture! CRAZY...I know. But I guess that's a part of being an "Olympic Junkie!"

1 comment:

Andre Prewitt said...

lmao, omg, wow you took the cake with that one babe