Amanda Diva


A few months ago I was on Youtube looking up clips from HBO's: Def Poetry (which by the way is one of the BEST shows HBO has aired) and I ran across this young lady named Amanda Diva performing a poem entitled "Hot Shit". I loved it so much that I "googled" her to see if she had done any other performances. Sure enough, I hit the jackpot! Amanda Diva is an extremely multi-talented, what I call "breath of fresh air" to the hip-hop community. Besides being an accomplished poet, she is also an emcee, journalist, radio & television personality, scholar (she has a Master’s degree in African-American Studies), painter, singer, and lyricist. Simply put, Amanda Diva is definitely one of the best kept secrets in female emcees and hip-hop alike. If you haven't heard of her, please check her out. ESPECIALLY, her webshow Diva Speak TV on Youtube or her blog. She covers everything from music, to current events, to politics and she does it all in a HILARIOUS manner! You won't be disappointed!


***Sidenote: Here's a fun fact for you! Think back to the early 90's days. Do you remember the Nickelodeon television show "My Brother and Me" (come on...you remember "HIT ME! HIT ME! and "Gooooooo Punch!")? Well, she player the character "Dionne", Melanie's best friend who was always talking, very fast might I add, about her boyfriend "Tim". Man, I loved that show when I was a kid!***

Amanda Diva Performing "Hot Shit" on HBO's: Def Poetry


No comments: